Assignment 3: Major Policy Paper: 125 points.
Purpose: To identify a specific health policy or quality health care delivery problem and propose a solution at the local, state, national or international level based on evidence based practice.
1. Select and describe in detail a health policy or quality health care delivery problem with policy implications.
2. Propose one to two possible solutions to the problem.
3. Outline as specifically as possible the projected cost of implementing one of the solutions.
4. Identify the individuals and/or groups who will likely be supporters or opponents to the issue. Comment on both supporters and opponents.
5. Name the specific steps that you, as an advocate, would have to pursue in order to get your proposal onto an official agenda. An official agenda might be a committee in a hospital, a committee in the state or federal legislature or on an agenda for a meeting of a group that might support this policy change.
6. APA Format, which includes headers for a paper of this length and complexity.
7. Reference at least five peer-reviewed research or professional policy articles. This includes: original research studies, meta-analysis, professional organization policy papers, and state or federal policy papers. This does not include blogs, editorials, and summary of clinical practice.
8. Length: Body of the paper up to 10 double-spaced pages, (roughly).
Rubric of Evaluation Criteria for the Health Policy Paper:
|COMPONENT OF PAPER||Points|
|Description of health policy or quality health care delivery problem with policy implications||20|
|Description of possible supporters and opponents||20|
|One to two proposed solutions||15|
|Costs of the proposed solutions and potential funding sources||15|
|Specific steps for getting your proposal onto an official agenda specific to your policy issue||15|
|Use of at least five peer-reviewed research or professional policy articles||5|
|APA Format for spacing, references, headings, margins, style and grammar||10|